- Raag Descriptions & More:
- Rajan Parrikar Music Archive – this is by far the richest site and one can turn maximally to it for authentic information.
- Ocean of Ragas – Largest database of Raags
- Swarganga – You need to be a member and log in regularly to benefit from their very large database – enrolment is easy.
- Sound of India – has brief tables for ~ 100 raags.
- Hindustani Raaga List – has tables of ICM.
- Tanarang: Search raag by: jaati, thaat, samay [NS]
- Nature of Ragas – Ragas of Nature
- Raag Performance Analysis:
- Music in Motion – This site usually dissects a Raag’s performances to its finest graphic details – great for students.
- About Indian Classical Music
- About Indian Classical Music – Instrumental
- Raag Audio Clips
- Index of Ragas – some audio clips for pakad here but it has been at times labelled by some of my gurus as “not exactly right”
- Raag Bandishes
- Mixed Bag
- देवनागरी में
- Carnatic Music:
- Music lessons Online
- CEC – Complete PLAYLIST
- Chandramohan Rao
- sarangi.info ~ North Indian Classical Music Archive – Khwaja Khurshid Anwar Saab always has the best lessons, wherever available.
Classical Music in Hindi Films
- Classical Music in Hindi Films [A closed group on Facebook]
- S.N.Tata’s – Raga-based Hindi Film Songs – Interesting hand-written notes but often full of inaccuracies, esp. about film songs.
- LIFE AND MUSIC – main source of analysis of Raagmalas.
- All about Hindustani Classical Music
- Learning Hindi/Urdu through Songs
- A.R.Rahman’s compositions – A classical view
- Hindi geetmala – Lyrics Organized by Singers / Songs / Films
- Raag-Based Film Songs
- NS = Non-Secure Sites [NOT https], i.e. browse at your own risk.
- All Website Links were functional when they were added. Some of them may not work at any time. Inconvenience is Regretted.
More on Indian Classical Music:
The Alchemy of Indian Classical Music