Ghazals based on Bageshree: Raag – Based Ghazals
ABOUT THE RAAG [RAAG PARICHAY / DESCRIPTION]
- An extremely melodious,‘big’ raag-ang raag, Raag Bageshree, also known as Bageshri, Bagesari, Bageshwari, Vageshwari, is very popular even with children.
- Bageshree, said to have been invented by Tansen, the court singer of Mughal Emperor Akbar is an ancient Raag, and finds mention in the older treatises as “Vageeshwari.”
[Learn more here: Thaat System]
Almost all versions of Bageshree can be grouped under three main jatis:
- Audav Shadava: R and P varjit in Aaroh, P in Avroh – sufficient to define the Raag-lakshans.
- Audav-Sampoorna: R and P varjit in Aaroh only – most performed versions adopt this type and involve avrohi pancham-laden phrases.
- Sampoorn-Sampoorn: All swars present, in vakr prayogs.
- Some consider basic swaroop as Shaudav-Sampoorna, where P is skipped in Aaroh.
S ‘n ‘D ‘n S m, m g R S
As seen above, all notes are shuddh except Gandhar and Nishad, which are Komal.
[Please refer to the page “Notations / Swar Mapping” for abbreviations used for svaras / notations.]
VAADI SVAR: Maddhyam is the Praan of the Raag – the whole swaroop of the Raag is structured around it.
SAMVAADI SVAR: Shadaj
VIVAADI SVAR/S: (also known as Vajr / Varjit / Enemy / Forbidden Notes): R & P in Aaroh
NIYAAS SVAR/S: Maddhyam is a Niyaas Bahutva note in both Aroah and Avroah – S ‘n ‘D n S m, g m D..m, n D..m, S m g..R S ‘D ‘n S m,
KHAAS PRAYOG OF SVARAS [RAAG VISTAAR / SPECIAL USAGE]:
- R, often Verjit in Aroah, is occasionally used Deergh in Avroah, m g m g R..S, or as a Kann of Shadaj, m g (S)R S.
- G is an important note that can be rendered Deergh in Aroah and Avroah, m g..R S, ‘n S g m, D m, g m g..R S, m P D g, or as a touch note, m g m g R S. At times, it is skipped as ‘D ‘n S m.
- P is generally used in a Vakr fashion, n D P D m g; or straight as S’ n D P m g m n D P m g R S
- D is another important Niyaas Bahutva note in Uttrang, g m D, n D..m, m D n S’ n D, m P D m g R S.
- n is an important passing note in both Aroah and Avroah, i.e. m D n S’, S’ n n D, m D n n S’.
- Swara Sangaties like S-m, D-m, M g-M g, D g, are frequently used during elaboration of the Raaga.
AAROH: ‘n S g m, D n S’
AVROH: S’ n D P m, g R S
PAKAD / MUKHYA-ANG: Please click here for audio
S ‘n ‘D ‘n S m, m g, R S, or m g m D n D m, G m D
Characteristic phrases: Short Takes: Bageshree
- Phrases like S ‘n ‘D ‘n S m, m g, R S, or m g m D n D m, G m D are very peculiar to this raag, and help in making it a Raag-ang Raag [others are Bageshri Kannhada, Bageshri Bahar, Shahana, Ragesri, Malgungi etc.]
SAMAY / TIME:
- Second quarter of the night – madhya raatri
- Read more: RAAG SAMAY-TIME-CYCLES
- Its emotional nature is considered to be of a romantic longing – it depicts the emotion of a woman waiting for reunion with her lover.
- It is a melody that pleases in isolation and is effective in emotional expression.
- This Raaga is suitable for both types of Shringars namely Virah and Karuna.
LAKSHAN GEET / SVARAMALIKAS:
- Raag Baageshree Bandishi राग बागेश्री – बंदिशी (चीज) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lOhN28ogU
- Raag Bageshree..Swarmalika and Lakshan Geet by Children https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L86frtuaTc
- Raag Bageshri – Lakshan Geet and Bandish by a child https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9yGNWLwx-o
- Raag Bageshri Swaramalika https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9plxQW71ic
- Rag Bageshri swarmalika sargam urrmila naad global https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSem5U8R6F0
- Raga Bageshri: Arohanam, Avarohanam and Alapana | Raga Surabhi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCDQIxGN_c
- Vocalite Singing Classes – Raag Bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLDF-Np9wA
- Bageshri…!!! best lesson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ6hhiTWz1k
- Raag Baageshree Swaramalika Lesson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZyYJ-NpCU8
- 11-11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhksGrbKmRA
- RAAG BAGESHRI A RARE MUSIC LESSON FOR INDIAN CLASSICAL VOCAL STUDENTS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZaxXxpqcE
- Bageshri captions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2foBvM9o_4
- Bageshri Tutorial ((Aalap, Bada Khayal in Ektal Vilambit and Jhaptal Sadra) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYYUvrqXoIc
- Dad teaching Raag Bageshri to Pallavi and Dhruv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrCYs0IyD10
- Dha6 – Hare Krishna – Raag Bageshri – Midnight – Anant Nitai Das https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lpZSD3_5QQ
- From Raga to Reel-Part 6 (Raag Bageshri) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsfXB3Cb8Bk
- I18. What is this? (Raga: bageshri-pakad) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMiQBy_z78
- Raag Bageshri lesson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5VSfGOrUw
- Raga 6 Bageshree Gat2 MaMaGaReSaReSa
- Raga Bageshri – A Short Demonstration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAeffYpXa4
- raga lesson 1/4 – RAGA BAGESHRI – on sitar really beautifully brings out bageshri
- raga lesson 2/4 – RAGA RAGESHRI – on sitar really beautifully brings out diff frm bageshri
- raga lesson 4/4 – RAGAS SHAHANA & BAGESHRI KANADA – on sitar basics of two ragas which are very similar to the popular raga BAGESHRI — these two ragas are: raga shahana and raga bageshri kanada
- Ustad Wajahat Khan, lecture & performance, Raag Bageshri on sarod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO5qZLOH2TI
- Raga Bageshree Kanada: Careful of straying into Shahana. Here are Jha-sahab & Amir Khan.
- Purani Bageshri Pt. K.G.Ginde – Purani Bageshri (Lankeshri) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaSvIFxVwYY (also known as Lankeshwari, Lankeshri Kanada, Lankeshri)
Many compositions use a mishra raag, i.e. one may find usage of other svars / raags to enhance their beauty.
[CAVEAT: Some links may not work due to technical reasons or changed copyright rules. Inconvenience is regretted.]
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS VOCAL – BANDISHES:
- In his day, Rajab Ali Khan (1874-1959) was known as much for his tremendous musical acumen as for his picaresque ways. A master vocalist, he was also proficient on the Rudra Veena, Sitar and Jala-Tarang. Several musicians of high standing learnt from him, among them his nephew Amanat Khan, Nivruttibuwa Sarnaik, Ganpatrao Dewaskar and others. Lata Mangeshkar, too, briefly took taleem from Rajab Ali during her stint under Aman Ali. He sings the traditional composition, kaun karata tori binati.
- Koun Karat Tori Binti (Khyal, Raag-Bageshri)–Jnanendra Prasad Goswami https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWrisRovtbA
- Koun Karat Tori Binati Piyarwa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8y8hkalWoc
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS VOCAL – TARANAS (you can best taste the flavor of a raag here):
- Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan~Bageshree Tarana – it was rare for bade ghulam ali khan to be accompanied on harmonium so prominently. just think how much nicer sarangi accompaniment would have sounded here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj3ItA3Ff1g
- Raag Bageshri ( a short tarana ) by Rustum Fateh Ali Khan .flv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bXN72c7Ms
- Mogubai Kurdikar‘s tarana is set to the 15-matra Sawaritala.
- Ashish Sable – Bageshri (Nom Tom Aalaap) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQBR03WCO0
- Tarana – Raag Bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sqHsMpjhYE
- The reflective temper of Amir Khan is well-matched to Bageshree’s expansive space. The rich, measured strokes of his vocal brush hold us captive to this séance. He picks up a traditional vilambit composition, bahu guna ka mana, and tops it off with a tarana.
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS VOCAL – DRUT:
MEMORABLE DHRUTH COMPOSITIONS-Pt.Mukul Shivputra-raag bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji52gPOQa9Q
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS VOCAL – VILAMBIT:
- Raag Baageshwari – Vilambit Khayal – kaun gat bhai – Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzkaFnuPL8
- Bade Ghulam Ali Khan unpublished nugget. The traditional vilambit, kaun gata bha’ili, followed by a tarana.
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS: VOCAL – TAPPAS
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS: VOCAL – THUMRIS
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS: VOCAL – “DUET” PERFORMACES (performances by two stalwarts are my personal favorites):
- Raag Bageshri “pia dekhen ko” Ustad Amanat Ali /Fateh Ali Khan of Patiala Gharana BEST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpKiMQ4A65o
- BAGESHRI – USTAD FATEH ALI KHAN & RUSTAM FATEH ALI KHAN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGTA62G69Yc
- Raag Bageshri, Ustad Salamat Ali Khan & Ustad Nazakat Ali Khan, Excerpt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB3Asqyvrfg
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS VOCAL – SPECIAL PERFORMANCES:
Raga Bageshri (Stephanie Bosch) & Butoh dance (Gregor Weber), part 1/2 “Klangwelten”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMTqeyDePkI
Baby Kumar Gandharva gunda laa’o re malaniyan.
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS VOCAL – DHRUPAD:
- Dhrupad (Raag Bageshri) by children at Harmony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuGFmqyVbo
- An alumnus of the Dagar school ofdhrupad,Nimai Chand Boral trained under Tansen Pande (Husainuddin Dagar) and N. Moinuddin Dagar. Hisalap culminates in the Chautala-based prathama nada.
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS: INSTRUMENTAL
- Mehboob Nadeem Raga Bageshri Sitar Concert Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvv8Zt09578&feature=related
- Brigitte Menon Sitar Bageshri jor 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRUZxNGEdE
- Music For Meditation – Indian Music – Indian Bansuri – Flute – Raga bAgeshri
- Raag Bageshri on flute by Suleiman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XnRjGnsCO0
- Raga Bageshri on Guitar – Mohit Chauhan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JfwbUEZPGI
- MOHAN VEENA (a modified Hawaiian guitar created by Vishwa Mohan Bhatt)
- Solo Harmonium (Riyaz) Bharat Joshi Raag Bageshree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeJYb17Wv8
- RUDRA VEENA
- David Elkabir – Rudra Veena Raga Bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DZiwEtm_s
- ADNAN SAMI on Electric Piano in the Year 1989. RAAG BAGESHRI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stsOMMFzqZ8
- INSTRUMENTAL BAGESHRI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHmhGR69JOo
- Davinder singh namdhari (Raag Bageshri alaap) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7zgSgSr3D0
- KARAOKE TRACKS: Raag Bageshri – Geet – Paayala Baaje More KARAOKE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKaMGhNuOPw
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS INSTRUMENTAL – GROUP PERFORMANCES:
Raga bageshri instrumental music, Flute,sitar,tabla https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJksw9GdqTc
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS – IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- BENGALI: Kaise Kate Rajani Khudito Pashan Pratima Banerjee & Ustad Amir Khan – Another bandish from the Bengali film KSHUDITO PASHAN (1960), composed by the au naturel, nanga, naked, sans fabrique Emperor of San Rafael, Mr. Alu and joined with the immaculate voice of Amir Khan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2LNlR28Thg
- The terrain of Marathi natyageeta is studded with Bageshree gems. Vasantrao Deshpande hauls a couple of delectable items of which the first is from MRUCCHAKATIK: jana sare.
- Ghanu waje – Sant Dnyaneshwar abhang – Lata Mangeshkar – bhajan Marathi
- PALLAVI: Ragam Tanam Pallavi – Bhageshri – Thisra Thriputa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfI7qFfGbk
- Aaromale – Vinnaithandi Varuvaya  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlW-6vAWPU
- Antakanadutarige KiMchittu dayavilla by Purandaradasa
- Bombay Jayshree-Bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJrlCW6HnI
- Eru mayil eri vilayaducomposed by Arunagirinathar
- Kalaiye En Vazhkaiyin – on Dailymotion
- Karpoora Bommai Ondru Full Song On Net!!
- Malarukku tendral pagaiyaanaal – P Susheela and L R Easwari – Vswanathan & Ramamurthy – Tamil Film: Enga Veettu Pillai
- Maname ariyen by Papanasam Sivan
- Manmadha Leelai Before Bagesree was introduced to the south, the equivalent of it was Sriranjani which eschews the PA of the kafi scale, shadav-shadav rakhti raga. MSV composed a master piece in Sriranjani, rendered brilliantly by Vani Jayaram.
- Naadhamennum kovilile – Vani Jairam – M S Viswanathan -Tamil Film”Manmadha Leelai”
- Nee ennenna sonnalum kavithai
- Nilave ennidam nerungade PB Srinivas Tamil movie Ramu
- PUTHAM PUTHU MENI.MOVIE:SUBADHINAM.BMK.PS – Sri
- Rama bana ede – LILAYITA CHANCHAL ANCHAL (1934) Jnanendra Prasad Goswami Katha O Sur Prachalito (Bageshri) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKyCUCb3O3k
- Sagarasayana by M. D. Ramanathan
- TAMIL (G)OLD–Anbana mozhi pesum–SOLAI MALAI RANI
CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS – FUSION MUSIC:
- Here’s a modern fusion take on Bageshri by the father-son duo of Pt. Ajay Pohankar and Abhijit Pohankar. Tarana (The Perfumed Garden) Abhijit Pohankar – KD. The album has another version of this by Smt. Arati Ankalikar Tikekar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTJ0bp7Q8o
- The Fused Raag (Acapella) – Bageshri – Tarana Trance An attempt to fuse Hindustani Classical with Trance based on the Raag Bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNDszxsdxrI
- Leapfrog Coke Studio MTV | bluefrog | Fusion | raag bageshri | feat. Gaurav Bhatt | HeatStrokes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwB1R2hDDY0
- The Glad Residency: MacGregor of Rora / Bageshri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiB3BDOtMsk
- Bageshri Ussak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42MqjeWspl8
- BAGESHREE RAAG SITAR FUSION FOR ICICI BANK BY SAMEEP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jlUAJHXlE
- Sangam (Ukraine) – Raag Bageshree – Fusion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dEZqA0DYFA
SONGS FROM HINDI FILMS – BASED ON OR INSPIRED BY Bageshree
- Aankhon aankhon mein – Jaanwar – Lata Asha – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc8OkCoH3vo Although there is a generous use of Rishabh, the prelude is all over the place, certain phrases are not exactly Bageshri like, along with the use of some vivadi notes, the song is still inspired by Bageshri.
- Aaja Re Pardesi – Madhumati
- Baagon mein kaise ye phool khilte hain – Lata, Mukesh – S D Burman – Chupke Chupke (1975) – http://youtu.be/v2lxsXa_Nkk
- Bedardi hua balma
- Chaah Barbad Karegi_K.L.Saigal in Shahjahan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QvxeVUyQAY Not many today appreciate the extent of sway K.L. Saigal held over the Indian musical imagination in the first half of the 20th century. Even if all Saigal-sahab did was snore, it would still have musical value. Here he wields Naushad‘s tune in SHAHJEHAN (1946)
- Chalak Rahi Boonde Mitwa, Starring: Kanan Kaushal, Movie- Maya Machindra 1975 full movie – couldn’t find the track! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgyyNMglJg
- Deewane tum deewane hum – Bezubaan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6TTKHBiT6Y see the amazingly similar moods, this raaga creates – Karuna Ras = Sadness, Compassion, pity, sympathy… even in this supposedly lilting number… what a gem..
- DO ROZ MAIN WO PYAR KA ALAM GUZAR GAYA BY MUKESH A FILM SONG
- Ek Daur Woh Bhi Tha – Shabana Azmi – Yeh Nazdekiyan – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp0bVC_e2as
- Ghadi Ghadi mera dil dhadke – Madhumati
- Giridhari Mane Chakar Rakho Ji Chakar Rehsu Baagh – Lata Mangeshkar – Toofan aur diya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WfaaQbwTSE
- Humne Apna Sab Kuchh Khoya SARASWATI CHANDRA (1968)
- Definitely has the taste of Bageshri, although shuddh Ga is used at times, but that’s fine. Saraswati chandra starred Nutan and Manish among others and was directed by Govind Saraiya. It was also the last Bollywood movie to be made in black and white. The film was based on Saraswati chandra, a landmark Gujarati novel, by Govardhanram Madhavram Tripathi, a famous author of early twentieth century Gujarat, India. It also won the National Film Awards in the Best Cinematography and Best Music Director categories
- HAMSE AAYA NA GAYA TUMSE BULAYA NA GAYA – starts with the lady crooning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms4Zk51Ajvc
- Hum To Pehli Hi Nazar Mein Rafi – apna bana ke dekho- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrHOiHjZY4
- JAA RE BEIMAAN TUJHE “BY MANNA DEY,M.D:D.DILIP-“PRIVATE SECRETARY-1962” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k6xbACsk0s&feature=player_embedded#at=53
- Jag Dard E Ishq Jag – Hemant Kumar, Anarkali Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzXrJ3DzMsE&feature=youtu.be
- Jao jao nand ke laala – Lata – Rangoli – The great composer duo of Shankar-Jaikishan fashioned a crisp Bageshree in RANGOLI (1962), again centred on the theme of a naughty, intransigent Krishna. Nobody can match Lata in this situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtJnubvddo
- jeevan se bhari teri aankhen – Kishore Kumar – Safar
- there is a controversy of whether this is malgunji or bageshri. The aaroh of malgunji is Sa Ga ma Dha Ni Sa vs aaroh of bageshri Sa ga ma Dha ni Sa and same notes in avroh.
- In this song there is no shuddh Ni and near equal use of both gaas in aaroh, and antra is more like bageshri. So this raag is although mixed, but still has more flavour of bageshri. Malgunji vs Rageshri vs Bageshri
- Jo guzar rahi… Voh Khushi Mili Hai Mujhko– Mere Huzoor (Mohammed Rafi) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOKDngPkRM Bageshree is yearning, pathos, prayer, and the call to a beloved… Though there is a bit of a Bageshri angle…depends on where you assume Sa is.
- Judey Mein Gajra Mat Bandho – Dhhop chhao – Rafi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH36xuX2Ygc
- KALI GHODI DWAR KHADI
- MAI RE MAIN KAISE KAHOON PREET APNE JIYA KI MADAN MOHAN film DASTAK 1970 (Also Lata) – Dastak (Malgunji : mixture of Khamaj & Bageshri)
- Madhur-Madhur Sangeet Sunaao’ by Pandharinath Kolhapure Poorna Seth, M Dey – Sangeet Samraat Tansen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6d-YCZjfF8 starts with Toot Gayee Mere Mann Ki Beena’ by Poorna Seth goes on to madhur…. & then Sapt Suran Teen Graam’ by Manna Dey. S N Tripathi’s music on Shailendra’s lyrics. S.N. Tripathi‘s bandish (1962)
- Man Ki Baat Jab Ho Thon Pe – 1- Abha Dhuliya & Arun Govil – Radha aur Seeta MD started with intention of bageshree and ended up everywherehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK9uz3Qs02o&feature=share
- Main apne aap se ghabra gaya hoon – Rafi – Bindiya (malgunji: mix of khamaj & bageshri
- Mohobbat hi na jo samjhe woh zaalim – Talat – Parchhaiyaan – the opening strains sound like jaag-dard-e-ishq… is beginning…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvvwZWm8oc&feature=related
- Naina Jo Naino Se Mile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQAfdaBFYZ4 Movie is Daku Bhupat composer is S.L. Manohar P. Sushila and P.B. Srinivas… “Bhoole Se Kar Liya Pyaar, Ho Gayi Nadani” also from Bhoot Nath by lata… u can hear strains of nain so nain & jaag dard-e-ishq… Malgunji is a complex Raga of the Khamaj Thaat having elements of Raga Rageshri (in the ascent), Raga Bageshri ( in the descent) and a few subtle touches of Jaijaiwanti. If traditionally Bageshri evokes feelings of separation from the lover, and Rageshri represents reunion, Malgunji depicts the initial realization of the reunion… can u sense the mood…? read about the nava rasas at http://indian-classical-music-hindustani.blogspot.com/2011/05/nava-rasaas.html
- Pawan diwani na maane udaye – Lata. – Bageshree Bahar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8khKmlWbOTM
- Phir Chiddi Raat Baat Phoolon ki Lata &Talat Aziz/Khyyam/” Bazaar” (1982) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meif1oIfJ5o
- Radha Na Bole-Azaad Lata‘s popular number from AZAD (1955), set to music by C. Ramchandra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAkdWdmgb1Q&feature=fvwrel
- Shubh Gadhi Aayee Re – Razia Sultan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7WclztEzlg
- tere pyar ko is tarha se bhulana mukesh film maine jeena seekh liya music by roshan lal Occasionally while searching for raag Bhimpalasi on the piano, or in thoughts, one runs into Raag Bageshree that has the same Thaat, just a difference in their aaroah and averoh, and these raags have such different expression. One cannot NOT CRY while listening to this soulful rendering,… jo sach tha ussey ik fasaana banana, na dil chahta hai, na ham chahte hain…
- Tu Jo Mere Sur Mein Sur Milaye from Movie chitchor S g m D n S
S n D m P m g R S
No shudh Ni in either aaroh or avroh.
This is Bageshree!
- Unke Khayal Aaye Toh – Raj Kumar, Hema Malini, Rakhee Gulzar, Vinod Mehra – Lal Pathar terrific music by shankar jaikishen geet gata hoon main muskurata hoon main – re man sur me ga – and sooni sooni sans ke tar par – great lyrics great acting and great songs
- Voh Khushi Mili Hai Mujhko- Mere Huzoor (Mohammed Rafi) Bageshree is yearning, pathos, prayer, and the call to a beloved…
- WO JO MILTE THE KABHI – Lata Akeli mat jayiyo
SOME RAAGMALAS FROM HINDI FILMS FEATURING Bageshree
- Bhor Bhai Bhairav Gun Gao (Sweekar Kiya Maine 1982) AT 1.53 अति सुंदर बागेश्वरी
- Nis din bisrat (Goonj Uthi Shehnayi 1959) At 7:33, a सरगम in राग बागेश्री “सा नि ध नि ध ध नि ध म प् गा रे सा ”
- Piu piu re karat hai (BAIJU BAWRA 1952) At 2.50 “विद्वानों की वाणी में बस कर हे री हे मैं कैसे घर आऊँ मितवा ”.
LISTS OF SONGS SORTED BY RAAGS:
LISTS OF SONGS & THE RAAG THEY ARE BASED ON:
NON-FILM DEVOTIONAL MUSIC
For more Information on Indian Classical Music, please check out the Table of Contents here: The Alchemy of Indian Classical Music.
You can also search by typing any term in the Search Box or find the recent additions by clicking this Category “Indian Classical Music”!